The Three Layered Escape Chute system is an invaluable aid when used for applications
whereby persons are at risk at height and do not have a rapid means of egress to
ground level in an emergency event.
The escape chute not only offers heat and flame protection but is a rapid and safe
means to egress from a tall structure. The benefit of the Three Layered Escape Chute
System is that it is capable of evacuating persons quickly, yet provides a relatively
safe and enclosed environment for the evacuees.
The enclosed chute is helpful when used to evacuate people/persons with height phobias
or similar ailments. Once in the chute you will descend to ground level safely and
calmly. This type of escape chute requires no physical exertion from the occupants
and can accommodate, stretchers or persons wearing fall protection or safety equipment.
By moving arms and legs outwards your descent speed is reduced, however descent in
all cases is controlled. It is always preferred to have trained personal at the top
and bottom of the chute, this ensures that people who are panicking can be re-assured
and the evacuation controlled. The person at the ground level will help evacuees
exit from the air gap at the base of the chute.
Again this is helpful if an evacuee becomes unconscious while in the chute as the
trained person at ground level will grab the last 4/5 feet of chute and twist it
to create a break effect , this will enable unconscious or injured persons to be
removed from the chute safely.
Industrial - Commercial Three Layered Vertical Escape Chute
Risk Safety Systems (RSS) Single Entry Escape Chute applications for:
• Commercial Gantry and Dock Cranes
• High Reach Platforms
• General Towers, Aviation Watch Towers
• Platforms, Marine, Docks, Manufacturing
• Commercial Structures
• Grain Silos
The single-entry chute platform is custom-designed for each application. Some installation
sites may require minor alterations to the fabric of the structure to accommodate
the custom-designed platform. The platform can be supplied as a permanent or portable
installation. The portable escape chute and container are stored, in the case of
an emergency the chute and container are placed into the chute cradle, this a permanent
fixture and is located on a window balcony, hand railings or another suitable location,
RSS agree position before undertaking of workscope. In all cases design drawings
are prepared and issued to the customer for approval.
Buildings vary significantly in terms of:
RSS would need to know where the proposed location for the single-entry chute would
be, this is required for our design engineer’s and would include the following:
• Where would the platform be installed at a rooftop, balcony, window, corridor,
• What are the building materials at the installation site, tiles, marble, cement,
• Are there any limitations or constraints to the installation area or floor space
for the installation of the platform.
• Photos or simple sketches of the installation would be helpful and would greatly
help our design team.
RSS design department work closely with the customer to ensure we have all the necessary
measurements of the proposed installation site prior to design.
Correct measurements will save time and money, especially during the installation.
Deck, Mezzanine Installation:
• Would the platform be installed outside on a deck or mezzanine floor structure?
• The distance from the evacuation point to ground level?
• If installed inside the distance between the ceiling (wall/floor) and installation
• If outside what is the proposed chute container location
• How many persons would use the chute in an emergency event?
• Are there any hazards associated with the proposed evacuation location such as
stored chemicals or combustible materials.
RSS can design a Escape Chute System to suite your particular needs, please call
one of our fully trained representatives on the number below:
For more information, please call and one of our representatives,
we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.