Maximum length of chute or height of building is 200m.
Other optional accessories: Emergency Light, Exit Light, 2 way radio or EPIRB, Smoke
The single-entry chute platform is custom-designed for each application. Some installation
sites may require minor alterations to the fabric of the structure to accommodate
the custom-designed platform. The platform can be supplied as a permanent or portable
installation. The portable escape chute and container are stored, in the case of
an emergency the chute and container are placed into the chute cradle, this a permanent
fixture and is located on a window balcony, hand railings or another suitable location,
RSS agree position before undertaking of workscope. In all cases design drawings
are prepared and issued to the customer for approval.
Buildings vary significantly in terms of:
RSS would need to know where the proposed location for the single-entry chute would
be, this is required for our design engineer’s and would include the following:
• Where would the platform be installed at a rooftop, balcony, window, corridor,
• What are the building materials at the installation site, tiles, marble, cement,
• Are there any limitations or constraints to the installation area or floor space
for the installation of the platform.
• Photos or simple sketches of the installation would be helpful and would greatly
help our design team.
RSS design department work closely with the customer to ensure we have all the necessary
measurements of the proposed installation site prior to design.
Correct measurements will save time and money, especially during the installation.
Window Unit Installation:
• Would the platform be installed outside or inside of the window/building?
• The distance between the floor and top of the window parapet.
• The distance between the window and the next window or wall (left and right).
• The distance between the ceiling (wall/floor) and the window.
• The distance between window frame horizontal (inner) when window is open.
• The distance between window frame vertical (inner) when window is open.
• The width/depth of the window parapet wall.
• Is there any decoration outside of the wall (obstruction), the distance between
the obstruction and the wall?
• Allowable floor space inside of the window for the platform.
• In which direction the window opens: slide, inward, outward, etc.
• The distance between the window parapet to the ground level minus 80cm.
RSS can design a Escape Chute System to suite your particular needs, please call
one of our fully trained representatives on the number below:
Risk Safety Systems (RSS) Single Entry Escape Chute Systems Semi High Rise and Buildings.
The three layered vertical chute system can be installed in old or existing building
where there is no possibility of incorporating the "Multi-Entry" chute within the
The chute installation can be at window, balcony or rooftop providing means of escape
for the occupants of that particular floor.
The outer chute layer is fire resistant and provides valuable protection the evacuees
fro heat flux and flames, the middle layer provides a speed restraining effect, and
the inner layer supports the whole weight of chute and is the also the comfort chute.
3-way protection protects the evacuees once inside the chute from fire, heat, and
smoke during evacuation.
Available in a maximum length of 200 meters.
For more information, please call and one of our representatives,
we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.